5 Reasons to Eat Carrots Every Day
With a low caloric value (33 kcal per 100 grams) and high amounts of vitamins A, B, C and E, carrots are among the most consumed vegetables globally. Nutrition experts strongly recommend adding carrots into our diet since their benefits are widely demonstrated. Among the best known are that it protects our eyesight and helps to tan the skin.
5 Health benefits of eating carrots every day:
- Carrots stimulate the appetite: It has been shown that the strong aroma of carrots stimulates the appetite.
- Strengthens teeth and gums: Consuming raw carrots improves oral blood flow and prevents bacteria from adhering to the teeth. They also contain fluoride, a mineral essential to prevent tooth decay.
- Strengthens nails and hair: Carrot stem cells are rich in beta-carotene, which in the body is transformed into vitamin A and helps support the scalp and revitalise nails.
- Helps you relax: Being one of the richest vegetables in potassium and phosphorus, carrots act as an excellent invigorator for tired minds and helps calm the nerves in stressful situations.
- Carrot is diuretic: Due to its high water content, carrots are diuretic and disintegrate kidney stones.
Steamed, boiled, raw, cooked or simply fresh, the carrot is part of the group of foods with the most benefits for our health.
Carrot is one of the most produced and consumed vegetables globally; Asia is the largest producer, followed by Europe and the United States. About carrots, we know that it benefits our eyesight and our skin’s health, but its composition, rich in vitamins and minerals, provides many other benefits for our body.
What's Your Reaction?
The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator and a globetrotter. Emma enjoys Moroccan, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Caribbean food a lot. Cheese & chocolate are her biggest addictions. However, she is really considering becoming Vegan one day.