The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator…
Mojito is a traditional Cuban cocktail that used to be used as a remedy for some tropical illnesses, nowadays, this drink is more famous in the world than any other alcoholic drink.
We all know what a Mojito is, and in a lot of places they even created different types and flavours of Mojitos, however, the authentic Mojito is the one that is made of few ingredients only, that are going to be described in this recipe.
- 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 Lime
- 2 Sprigs of peppermint
- 50 ml of Cuban Rum
- 100 ml Soda water or Sparkling water
- 4 Crushed ice cubes
- In the glass you are going to serve the Mojito, you mix the sugar and the lime juice with a spoon.
- Mash the peppermint sprigs in the same glass where you have mixed the lime juice and the sugar.
- Add the rum and mix everything again, then add the ice and the soda water.
- You can decorate your Mojito with some more peppermint leaves.
You should only make Mojitos with the white rum. Use crushed ice instead of the ice cubes if you have if you don’t have then you can use a blender to crush the ice. Using the crushed ice it gives the Mojito more authenticity.
What's Your Reaction?
The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator and a globetrotter. Emma enjoys Moroccan, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Caribbean food a lot. Cheese & chocolate are her biggest addictions. However, she is really considering becoming Vegan one day.