The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator…
The Bahama Mama Cocktail is a Caribbean cocktail that combines regular rum, rum with coconut flavouring, grenadine, orange juice, pineapple juice and crushed ice in an electric blender. Blend until the drink’s consistency is slushy. The Bahama Mama was first created in the 1950s.
This trendy cocktail has been remade numerous times over the years. It’s easy to make at home, and one taste will instantly transport you to a Caribbean island.
- 15 ml rum
- 7 ml coffee liqueur
- 7 ml coconut liqueur
- 15 ml lemon juice (fresh)
- 150 ml pineapple juice
- Cherry or pineapple to garnish
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Pour all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a glass filled with cracked ice.
- Garnish with a cherry or a piece of pineapple.
- Serve and enjoy.
What's Your Reaction?
The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator and a globetrotter. Emma enjoys Moroccan, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Caribbean food a lot. Cheese & chocolate are her biggest addictions. However, she is really considering becoming Vegan one day.