The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator…
Baked Feta cheese is a very popular dish that is served in all Greek restaurants in Greece and outside of Greece.
The cheese is baked till it becomes a creamy texture, it is usually topped with tomato, oregano, olive oil, green pepper belts and spicy pepper flakes, however, this time we are going to introduce you and show you how to bake the Feta Cheese with King Prawns and tomato sauce.
- 2 thick and drained slices of Feta cheese
- 8 king Prawns
- 1 full cup of tomato sauce, preferably homemade
- 1/4 cup pitted chopped Greek olives
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chilly flakes
- A bit of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- The first step is to grill the prawns with the garlic in a small pan with the olive oil, till it gets a bit of colour then we keep it to cool.
- In the meantime, you preheat the oven to 180ºC
- In a baking dish that you will use to bake to Feta Cheese, you add half of the tomato sauce, the olives, half of the seasonings and the cooked prawns, then you cover by the rest of the tomato sauce.
- You carefully cover the tomato sauce and the prawns by the Feta Cheese slices, making sure you don’t break them, then with a small spoon you take some of the tomato sauce from the sides and you spoon it over the cheese.
- You spread more oregano on top of the cheese and the rest of the seasonings if you would like you can also drizzle the cheese with some more olive oil, and you bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
What's Your Reaction?
The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator and a globetrotter. Emma enjoys Moroccan, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Caribbean food a lot. Cheese & chocolate are her biggest addictions. However, she is really considering becoming Vegan one day.