Caipirinha is a delicious Brazilian cocktail made with Cachaça, which is a distilled spirit made from fermented sugarcane juice.
Cachaça is a spirit very similar to Rum, and for this reason, in most of the places, you will get Caipirinha made with Rum instead of Cachaça, just because it is easier to get than Cachaça.
Caipirinha has always been Brazil's national drink.
A simple and tasty cocktail that you can make at home at any time of the year, but you will enjoy it more in the summer.
The main ingredient in this cocktail is Cachaça, however, if you can’t find Cachaça in your town, then you can make it with Rum and you will get a very delicious Caipirinha.
The other ingredients to make Caipirinha are, sugar and lima. Very simple!
Let’s learn how to make Caipirinha.
- 1 Chopped lime into wedges
- 3 Teaspoons of sugar
- 20 ml of Cachaça
- Crushed ice or ice cubes
- In a large jug, a pestle mortar or a cocktail shaker if you have, put the lime wedges with the sugar, then muddle till the lime releases its juice.
- Then mix with the sugar to create a syrup, then you add the Cachaça, the crushed ice and you mix or shake gently.
- Serve it in a glass that you previously kept in the freezer.
- Decorate with some lime wedges.
Make sure you don’t muddle the limes very hard so you don’t get the sourness of the skin and remember that you can choose if you want to use brown sugar instead, however, it will give the Caipirinha that brown colour which we don’t want.