What is Marinara Sauce?
Marinara sauce is a tomato sauce made with tomatoes, Extra virgin olive oil, garlic, herbs, and onions. It can include white wine in most cases. This sauce is widely used in Italian-American cuisine, which has diverged from its Old World origins.
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup finely diced onion
- ½ cup white wine
- Place the tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium heat sauté the chopped onion in olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the blended tomato sauce and the white wine.
- Simmer for 35 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Enjoy 🙂
What's Your Reaction?
Antonio Rossi is an experienced Chef from one of the world's most beautiful places, Sicily, Italy. Chef Antonio spent plenty of his childhood with his granny in the kitchen, and that's how he discovered his love and passion for food. Chef Antonio worked in some of the most awarded restaurants and hotels in London, Paris and New York. Chef Antonio is committed to sharing his easy & quick recipes with you to help you get a beautiful approach to gastronomy.