Easy & Delicious Potato Salad.
Potato salad is an easy dish to make and makes a hearty side dish. It is best served cold and doesn’t require too many ingredients and keeps well in the fridge. Here is a classic recipe.
- 1.5 kg or 3 lb. Yukon potatoes
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 4 green onions (mince white parts and slice the greens finely)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper (use a pepper mill and grind for freshness)
- ¾ cup full strength or lite mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream – optional
- Hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- A bit of parsley and chives
- Red onion – optional
- 1 tbsp. mustard paste
1. Cook the potatoes in salted water. Add enough salt to enhance the flavor of the potatoes. Simmer and don’t cook on high heat. Once they are done, drain water and let them cool. Alternately, you can put potatoes in an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
2. Sprinkle vinegar over the cooked potatoes. This enhances the flavor of the dish.
3. Mix sour cream, mustard and mayo in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Run the red onion under water to remove pungency. Chop finely. Do the same for celery and herbs.
5. Once the potatoes are cool, cut them in chunks. Add the sour cream dressing, onions, herbs and pickles. Add the chopped eggs and gently stir. Season wit salt and pepper.
6. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or more before serving.
What's Your Reaction?
Antonio Rossi is an experienced Chef from one of the world's most beautiful places, Sicily, Italy. Chef Antonio spent plenty of his childhood with his granny in the kitchen, and that's how he discovered his love and passion for food. Chef Antonio worked in some of the most awarded restaurants and hotels in London, Paris and New York. Chef Antonio is committed to sharing his easy & quick recipes with you to help you get a beautiful approach to gastronomy.