Easy & Delicious Vegan Soup Recipe.
Soups are among the easiest dishes to cook and chock-full of nutrients. It is easy to find vegan recipes to make as well – add some beans to any combination of vegetables and you have a complete meal in a bowl. There are cold and warm soup recipes for every season. Here is a basic vegan soup recipe to try out.
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 or 3 flakes of garlic
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 medium onion chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cups of frozen or fresh cut veggies (peas, carrots, potatoes, green beans, bell peppers, corn)
- Herbs like basil and dried tarragon – 1 tsp. each
- 2 liters water
1. Heat the oil in a large pot on medium. Once the oil is hot, add garlic, onion and celery. Sauté till golden brown.
2. Add the veggies and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the water, salt and herbs. Bring the water to a boil, turn the heat down to simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
3. Mix once and taste. Add extra salt if needed.
4. Ladle into a soup bowl, grind pepper on top for flavor and serve.
This is the base for any soup you want to make. Add lentils or beans and other ingredients to customize your recipe. You can make this soup in a crockpot too. Crockpots are useful for slow cooking and to cook dry beans evenly.
What's Your Reaction?
Hannah Leblanc is a Canadian Chef who is passionate about cooking and baking. Leblanc learned basic cooking skills at home; then, she joined a cooking school in Montreal. As a teenager, Hannah began her career as a Baker at her father's bakery and served as head baker at several North-American and international hotels.