Delicious and Easy Tomato Risotto Recipe
Risotto is a northern Italian rice dish cooked with broth until it reaches a creamy consistency. The broth can be derived from meat, fish, or vegetables. Many types of risotto contain butter, onion, white wine, and parmesan cheese. It is one of the most common ways of cooking rice in Italy.
- 250g risotto rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 50g butter
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 500ml tomato passata
- 500g punnet cherry tomato
- Grated parmesan and shredded basil, to serve
- Tip the rice, onion and half the butter into a large microwave-proof bowl.
- Cover and cook in the microwave on High for 3 mins.
- Stir in the stock and tomato passata, then continue to cook, uncovered, for 10 mins.
- Give it a good stir and mix in the tomatoes.
- Microwave on High for a further 8 mins until the rice is cooked and the tomatoes have softened.
- Leave the risotto to relax for a few mins, then stir in the remaining butter, parmesan and basil.
- Season to taste and serve with some more parmesan.
What's Your Reaction?
The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator and a globetrotter. Emma enjoys Moroccan, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Caribbean food a lot. Cheese & chocolate are her biggest addictions. However, she is really considering becoming Vegan one day.