Pasta is made from grains and is one of the staples in a healthy diet that also includes vegetables, fruit, fish and poultry. Pasta a good source of energy and, if can also provide you with your daily fiber need. This can help with stomach problems and lower cholesterol levels. Here is an easy prawns and broccoli pasta recipe that’s ready in less than 15 minutes.
This recipe makes two hearty servings or three light meals. It’s also easy to double up or down.
Prawns And Broccoli Pasta Recipe
- 150 g/5.5 oz of any dry pasta
- 150 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, cleaned and sliced , or ½ small onion, chopped
- 150 g/5.5 oz peeled prawns
- A pinch of dried chili flakes (optional)
- 100ml double cream
- ½ small lemon, zest only finely grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add half of the salted water to a large saucepan and boil. Add the pasta and cook until just tender, 7-12 minutes or according to package directions, stirring occasionally. Three minutes before the end of the pasta cooking time, add the broccoli to the water and cook with the pasta for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet and sauté shallots or sliced onions, stirring regularly for 1-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the prawns and peppers, if using, and cook, turning prawns 3-4 times, about 1 minute. Add heavy cream and a scoop of the pasta cooking water (approximately 100 ml/3½ fl oz). Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook prawns for 3-4 minutes, occasionally turning (add a little more water if the sauce is too thick). Drain pasta and broccoli, then return to pot.
- Add the creamy prawns sauce and lemon zest and mix gently. Serve and enjoy.
What's Your Reaction?
Antonio Rossi is an experienced Chef from one of the world's most beautiful places, Sicily, Italy. Chef Antonio spent plenty of his childhood with his granny in the kitchen, and that's how he discovered his love and passion for food. Chef Antonio worked in some of the most awarded restaurants and hotels in London, Paris and New York. Chef Antonio is committed to sharing his easy & quick recipes with you to help you get a beautiful approach to gastronomy.