Rice pudding is a dish made from rice mixed with water or milk and other ingredients such as cinnamon, vanilla and raisins. Variants are used for either desserts or dinners, depending on the country. When used as a dessert, it is commonly combined with a sweetener such as sugar, jam, honey or even peanut butter.
- 15g butter
- 100g pudding rice
- 750ml pint full-fat milk
- 25g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp ground or grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Jam, to serve or anything you like
- Grease the inside of your pot generously with the butter.
- Put the rice, milk and sugar in the dish.
- Add the nutmeg and the cinnamon.
- Stir gently, then cover with the lid and cook on low for 3–4 hours, or until the rice is tender and creamy.
- Add jam, honey or anything you like before you serve.