Muffins are popular with children and adults alike. Smaller versions of a slice of cake, it is easy to make vegan versions too. Whether it is chocolate chip, blueberry or banana, the ingredients and process remain the same.
Ingredients List For Vegan Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas or other ingredient – 1 cup
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp each of baking soda and kosher salt
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp. of organic sugar
Step By Step Instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare muffin tin by using butter or muffin cups.
- Add mashed bananas or ingredient of choice to a bowl. Add oil and sugar. Mix well.
- In a new bowl, add sugar, flour and baking soda. Mix thoroughly. Combine the contents of both bowls. Combine gently. The batter should be thick.
- Fold walnuts gently into the batter. The other choice is to add it on the top before baking.
- Spoon batter into the muffin pan and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes and check with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, remove pan and let it cool on a rack.
- Eat the muffins warm or store once they have cooled completely.
What's Your Reaction?
Zoe Williams is a British Chef who graduated from Le Cordon Bleu London. Zoe worked as a Sous-Chef in a few restaurants in Tokyo and Dubai, and now she is ready to start her new journey as a Chef at Morimoto Restaurant in Doha, Qatar.