Avocados were first grown in south-central Mexico about 10,000 years ago. In the early 1900s, avocados were often called crocodile pear. Guacamole is a Mexican sauce made from avocado and green chilli or chilli pepper.
- Three ripe avocados
- ½-1 lemon
- ½ cup onion, minced
- Two serrano peppers or hot peppers finely chopped.
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed – optional
- Two tablespoons of coriander finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Optional – 1-2 diced tomatoes
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the seeds.
- Use a spoon to extract the pulp from the avocado, place it in a large bowl, add the lemon juice, and mash to obtain a puree. You can leave small pieces to give it a little consistency.
- Add the minced onion, the minced chillies or chilli peppers, the crushed garlic, the minced coriander, tomatoes, and salt to taste.
- Mix well and serve.