Burritos are a quick and easy dish to make for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The basic version of the dish combines tantalizing Mexican spices and fresh ingredients for a satisfying meal. Make a burrito with rice and serve with a side of guacamole and sour cream.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Juice of 2 limes
- ½ onion diced
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 15 oz. of black or pinto beans, cooked (for vegetarians and vegans)
- 1 lb. ground beef and ¾ cup of cooked corn kernels (for meat eaters)
- 1 tbsp. Mexican chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce or per taste
- 4 large tortillas
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked rice with the chopped cilantro and add the lime juice. Heat for 45 seconds and stir all the ingredients together.
- In a large skillet, add oil and sautѐ the onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat and add the beans and seasonings (vegetarian version). Add hot sauce if necessary. The ground beef can be added and cooked well (meat version). Add salt to season and ensure that the beans/meat is cooked well.
- Warm up the tortillas and spoon in the rice, cooked beans or meat and the corn. Wrap the tortillas and serve with a side of salsa, sour cream and guacamole.