Well, who doesn’t love Brownies? Brownies are delicious and are the perfect sweet treat to have with friends, with a coffee, a cup of tea or even for breakfast. Here is an easy recipe to make some yummy Brownies and look like a real pastry artist!
- 175g unsalted butter
- 100g cocoa powder
- 3 medium-size eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g brown or white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- pinch salt
- 85g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 170C/150C and line a 20cm square Brownie tin.
- Put the butter and cocoa into a saucepan over low heat, stir frequently until the butter has melted.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Whisk the eggs, both sugars, vanilla and the salt for about 2 minutes until pale.
- Add the cocoa and butter mixture and stir again.
- Sift the flour over the mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, spread level and bake for 18–20 minutes until just firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into squares.