The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator…
Broccoli is one of the best veggies that you can eat if you are following a low calories diet. Broccoli is a vegetable that is often consumed by vegan and healthy people. It is a source of provitamin A and vitamin C, rich in potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and iron. The sulfur it contains gives it antimicrobial properties. It also contains folic acid. Broccoli is also high in fibre, which makes it a vegetable that is satiating.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 250ml/8¾fl oz chicken or vegetable stock
- 200g/7oz broccoli florets, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- drizzle cream, to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the chicken or vegetable stock into the pan and add the broccoli florets.
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat.
- Simmer gently for 10-12 minutes, until the broccoli is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a liquidizer.
- Blend until smooth.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls and drizzle with cream to serve.
What's Your Reaction?
The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator and a globetrotter. Emma enjoys Moroccan, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Caribbean food a lot. Cheese & chocolate are her biggest addictions. However, she is really considering becoming Vegan one day.