Easy Vegan Burger Recipe
Hannah Leblanc is a Canadian Chef who is passionate about…
Vegan burgers are a healthy alternative to regular burgers and easy to make from scratch. A vegan burger has any mix of the following ingredients – lentils or beans like chickpeas or black beans, veggies, tofu and vegetables. The good thing is that you can steam veggies and add them to your bean or lentil base. Add quinoa for a nice texture.
- 1 cup Mixed veggies – broccoli, carrots, beans, potatoes
- 1 Onion – add raw or sauteed
- 1/s tsp each of spices – whole cumin or powder, salt, pepper (per taste)
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper – optional
- 1 tsp Ginger & garlic paste (per taste)
- Whole wheat buns
- Mustard paste
- ¼ cup Vegan mayo (optional)
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 cup lentils or beans
- Oil to fry patties
- Lettuce, tomatoes and onions for trimmings
Making the Patties
- You can use canned beans or soak them overnight and cook them. Steam the veggies.
- Once both the beans and veggies are cool, remove excess water from both and mash together in a bowl.
- You can either add raw onions or sautѐ them and add to the veggie and bean mixture.
- Add the required spices and mix well. Check for taste and add needed spices and salt till it tastes fine.
- Shape this mixture into thin, round patties.
- Add oil to a skillet and heat on low.
- Add 1 tsp. of oil to the skillet and grill the patties one by one till all are done.
- Toast the burger lightly in the same skillet and add layers of lettuce, tomatoes and onions.
- Add the patty and a bit of mustard, ketchup and vegan mayo for dressing.
- Serve on a plate and enjoy with a side of fries.
What's Your Reaction?
Hannah Leblanc is a Canadian Chef who is passionate about cooking and baking. Leblanc learned basic cooking skills at home; then, she joined a cooking school in Montreal. As a teenager, Hannah began her career as a Baker at her father's bakery and served as head baker at several North-American and international hotels.