Muffins are popular with children and adults alike. Smaller versions of a slice of cake, it is easy to make vegan versions too. Whether it is chocolate chip, blueberry or banana, the ingredients and process remain the same.
- 3 ripe bananas or other ingredient – 1 cup
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp each of baking soda and kosher salt
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp. of organic sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare muffin tin by using butter or muffin cups.
- Add mashed bananas or ingredient of choice to a bowl. Add oil and sugar. Mix well.
- In a new bowl, add sugar, flour and baking soda. Mix thoroughly. Combine the contents of both bowls. Combine gently. The batter should be thick.
- Fold walnuts gently into the batter. The other choice is to add it on the top before baking.
- Spoon batter into the muffin pan and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes and check with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, remove pan and let it cool on a rack.
- Eat the muffins warm or store once they have cooled completely.
What's Your Reaction?
Hannah Leblanc is a Canadian Chef who is passionate about cooking and baking. Leblanc learned basic cooking skills at home; then, she joined a cooking school in Montreal. As a teenager, Hannah began her career as a Baker at her father's bakery and served as head baker at several North-American and international hotels.