Exquisite Piña Colada Recipe
Piña Colada is the national drink of Puerto Rico. Apparently, July 10 is the National Piña Colada Day, 10 11 although it is unknown who decided this. In Ciego de Ávila, Cuba, the Piña Colada Festival is celebrated at the beginning of April, a cultural event with music performances and art spaces. This cocktail gained fame in Puerto Rico since 1978 and gained worldwide fame after the gringo musician Rupert Holmes released his song Escape (The Piña Colada Song) in 1979.
- 100 ml of white rum.
- 250 ml of pineapple juice.
- 150 ml of coconut milk.
- Ice cubes, quantity to taste.
- A few slices of natural pineapple to decorate.
- In a shaker: chop the ice with a blender or robot suitable for this or buy it already chopped.
- Put the rum, pineapple juice, coconut milk and ice in the shaker, close it and shake it well and you have the piña colada ready.
- Using a glass blender or robot: add all the ingredients (rum, pineapple juice and coconut milk), and some ice cubes and blend everything until the cubes have been chopped and give the piña colada a slush effect.
- Serve in the glasses and decorate with a little natural pineapple.
What's Your Reaction?
The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator and a globetrotter. Emma enjoys Moroccan, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Caribbean food a lot. Cheese & chocolate are her biggest addictions. However, she is really considering becoming Vegan one day.