The pomegranate fruit has innumerable health benefits, and its implication in curing diseases has been widely recognised since ancient times. It stands out for its broad antioxidant activity. For this reason, this fruit has been the subject of countless studies over the years that have demonstrated its potential against diseases related to vascular and intestinal health, cancer, as well as neurodegenerative disorders.
Because Pomegranate is low in calories and carbohydrates, its consumption is favourable, and professionals usually recommend it to those who follow a weight loss diet. In general, this fruit consumption can be considered very beneficial due to the nutrients it contains.
5 Reasons to start eating Pomegranate:
- Prevention against breast cancer: Pomegranate is rich in phytonutrients that could inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
- It has aphrodisiac properties: Also, in the membrane that separates the grains, there is a substance to which aphrodisiac properties have been attributed. Some studies have linked it to a 30% increase in testosterone after continued consumption.
- Pomegranate is low in calories: It is one of the fruits that contain the least sugar and therefore is especially low in calories (it provides only 32 kcal for every 100 g of fruit) so it is highly recommended if you are following a weight loss diet.
- It is good for your arteries and heart: The richness in flavonoids of this fruit is a rejuvenating cure for the arteries, as it is effective against arteriosclerosis.
- Source of vitamin C and antioxidant: Pomegranates are rich in vitamin C, a source of potassium and folic acid. Besides, they stand out for their high antioxidant power.
What's Your Reaction?
The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator and a globetrotter. Emma enjoys Moroccan, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Caribbean food a lot. Cheese & chocolate are her biggest addictions. However, she is really considering becoming Vegan one day.