Salmon is a blue fatty fish that provides about eleven grams of fat for every one hundred grams of meat, content similar to sardines, horse mackerel or tuna. Salmon is an excellent source of proteins of high biological value, like the rest of the fish.
Salmon is considered a superfood and one of the best food humans can eat because it is the fish with the least saturated fat and the highest content of Omega-3 fatty acids, which is why its main benefit is heart health. “This and other blue fish are highly recommended for people who have diabetes or high blood pressure.
10 Health benefits of eating Salmon.
- Salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids that help lower cholesterol levels.
- Salmon is an excellent source of proteins and minerals such as iodine, magnesium, phosphorus, selenium, iron and calcium, and other vitamins, which help maintain the functioning of the thyroid and intestine.
- Due to its high amount of vitamin D, salmon intervenes in bone structure formation and therefore provides you with stronger bones.
- Being rich in Omega 3, it fights high blood pressure and reduces the likelihood of heart attacks.
- Salmon reduces the risk of cardiac arrhythmia, making your heartbeat less irregular.
- Increases blood circulation so that it does not form clots.
- Its high contribution of vitamin A contributes to the repair of muscle and skin tissues and fight infections.
- Salmon is excellent for brain and memory health thanks to Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Salmon allows cholesterol not to stick to the walls of the blood vessels.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties fight the acceleration in the skin ageing process caused by other foods high in sugar or carbohydrates.
The most beneficial omega-3 fats are those found in fatty fish – such as tuna, cod, anchovies and salmon – which help keep the brain, heart, and joints healthy, and aid general well-being.
What's Your Reaction?
The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator and a globetrotter. Emma enjoys Moroccan, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Caribbean food a lot. Cheese & chocolate are her biggest addictions. However, she is really considering becoming Vegan one day.