Strawberry is bright red fruit, sweet and tasty. In some cultures, it is considered the “queen of fruits”. Besides raw, it can also be consumed as compote, jam, and in many other ways. Strawberries have an energy value of between 27 and 34 kilocalories per 100 grams. They are composed mainly of water and carbohydrates while they have a low percentage of protein. However, strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C.
5 Benefits of eating strawberries:
- Strawberries are low in calories. A cup of strawberries has about 43 calories only. Besides, they contain fibre, which helps regulate digestive processes and reduce the feeling of hunger.
- They are a B vitamins source, such as vitamin B6, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid or folic acid.
- They are an important source of vitamin C. One cup of strawberries contains 136% of the recommended daily amount of this vitamin, making them a powerful antioxidant that boosts the immune system.
- They help you lose weight due to their low-calorie content and high nitrate content. Strawberries are a good ally for weight loss diets. They help reduce appetite, promote blood circulation and are also delicious!
- Strawberries act as a powerful antioxidant and natural anti-inflammatory. One cup of strawberries contains 21 grams of manganese.
Also among the properties of strawberries is vitamin B5, vitamin W or pantothenic acid, essential for life and vitamin B9 or folic acid, which acts in the formation and maturation of structural proteins and haemoglobin.