Guacamole, the delightful and creamy avocado-based dip, is a beloved staple in Mexican cuisine and has become a favorite around the world. With its vibrant green hue and a perfect blend of flavors, mastering the art of making classic guacamole is a skill worth cherishing. In this recipe article, we’ll guide you through creating the most delicious and authentic guacamole that will have your taste buds dancing with joy. So grab your avocados and let’s embark on a journey to master the perfect blend of this delectable dip.
In This Recipe
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed and finely minced (adjust to your preferred heat level)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Mixing bowl
- Fork or potato masher
- Cutting board
- Citrus juicer (optional)
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl. Use a fork or potato masher to mash the avocados to your desired texture, whether you prefer it smooth or slightly chunky.
- Add the finely diced onion, minced jalapeño peppers, and minced garlic to the mashed avocados. Stir well to ensure the flavors are evenly distributed.
- Next, gently fold in the diced tomato and chopped cilantro into the mixture. The tomatoes add a burst of freshness, while the cilantro provides a wonderful herbaceous note.
- Squeeze in the lime juice to give the guacamole a zesty tang that complements the richness of the avocados. Season the guacamole with salt and ground black pepper to taste, enhancing the flavors to perfection.
- Give the guacamole a final stir, making sure all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Preparation Time: Approximately 15 minutes
Per serving, approximately:
- Calories: 180 kcal
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 10mg
Crafting classic guacamole is a simple and delightful endeavor that yields a rich and creamy dip with a burst of fresh flavors. By skillfully combining ripe avocados, diced vegetables, zesty lime juice, and a touch of heat from jalapeños, you can achieve the perfect blend of textures and tastes.
Whether served with tortilla chips, as a taco topping, or alongside various dishes, this homemade guacamole recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Embrace the culinary artistry of Mexican cuisine and savor the authentic taste of guacamole, a versatile and beloved dip that never fails to satisfy
What's Your Reaction?
Mark Dubois grew up in a tiny village in the South of France where fresh ingredients, traditional recipes, and fantastic french wines are present in every house and corner. Chef Mark is specialised in Mediterranean Gastronomies, but he is more passionate about baking. Chef Mark is currently working as a hosted Chef in different restaurants around Europe.