The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator…
Poached eggs are a fantastic way to enjoy an egg recipe with all its yolk if you are one of those who love dipping bread in them. The advantage of poached eggs than fried eggs is that the former does not need a single drop of oil, because they curdle in boiling water, so they are much healthier if you want to subtract calories from the menu. And compared to soft-boiled eggs, these are more suitable for breakfast, while poached eggs can be served with any dish, from the famous eggs Benedict, in a sandwich, some vegetables or even with pasta.
The traditional way of making poached eggs is to carefully place them from a cup to boiling water with a splash of vinegar that will keep the white close to the yolk.
Poached eggs step by step:
- First, take a cup and line it inside with plastic wrap that sticks out above the cup.
- Lightly grease the plastic wrap.
- Crack the egg in the cup carefully. It is time to add salt and some other spice if you wish. We can even add small pieces of ham, etc.…
- Carefully close the plastic wrap making a package that you will tie with kitchen string.
- Try not to have any air left inside.
- Place the package in soft boiling hot water for 4 minutes, and once the time has passed, carefully take the package with a spoon and place it in a cup of freezing water to cut the cooking.
- Now you can enjoy some delicious and very healthy poached eggs to add to any dish!
What's Your Reaction?
The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator and a globetrotter. Emma enjoys Moroccan, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Caribbean food a lot. Cheese & chocolate are her biggest addictions. However, she is really considering becoming Vegan one day.