Indulge in the delightful combination of fresh strawberries and cream with these Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes. The light and moist strawberry-flavored cupcakes, filled with sweet strawberry preserves, are topped with a heavenly swirl of whipped cream frosting and garnished with fresh strawberry slices. These cupcakes are perfect for parties, afternoon tea, or any occasion that calls for a burst of fruity sweetness.
In This Recipe
For the cupcakes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
For the filling
- ⅓ cup strawberry preserves
For the whipped cream frosting
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream, chilled
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberry slices
- Electric mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Cupcake/muffin tin
- Cupcake liners
- Piping bag with star tip (optional)
- Preheat the oven and prepare the cupcake tin: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a cupcake/muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Combine the dry ingredients: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar: In a separate large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the softened butter and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla: Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the pure vanilla extract.
- Alternate adding dry and wet ingredients: Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the whole milk. Start and end with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in chopped strawberries: Gently fold in the finely chopped fresh strawberries into the cupcake batter.
- Fill the cupcake liners: Spoon the batter into the prepared cupcake liners, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake the cupcakes: Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let them cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the whipped cream frosting: In a chilled mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Fill the cupcakes: Once the cupcakes are completely cool, use a cupcake corer or a small spoon to remove a small portion from the center of each cupcake. Fill each cavity with strawberry preserves.
- Frost the cupcakes: If using a piping bag, fill it with the whipped cream frosting fitted with a star tip. Pipe swirls of frosting onto each cupcake. Alternatively, you can spread the frosting with a spatula.
- Garnish: Top each cupcake with fresh strawberry slices for an extra touch of sweetness and a pop of color.
Nutritional Values (per cupcake)
Please note that nutritional values are approximate and may vary based on specific ingredients and quantities used.
- Calories: 280 kcal
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 120mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 22g
- Protein: 3g
These Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes are a delightful treat that captures the essence of fresh strawberries and creamy goodness. Whether you serve them at parties or enjoy them with a cup of tea, these cupcakes are sure to be a hit with everyone. Indulge in the sweet and fruity flavors of these cupcakes for a delightful dessert experience. Enjoy!
What's Your Reaction?
Hannah Leblanc is a Canadian Chef who is passionate about cooking and baking. Leblanc learned basic cooking skills at home; then, she joined a cooking school in Montreal. As a teenager, Hannah began her career as a Baker at her father's bakery and served as head baker at several North-American and international hotels.