Irish Coffee – Learn How to Make Your Perfect Cup!
“I never drink coffee, unless it’s an Irish coffee…”
Irish Coffee is a cocktail that consists of the mixture of a very good Irish whiskey, brown sugar, hot fresh coffee and covered by two centimetres of cream. The story behind this cocktail is that, due to a delay in a Pan Am flight at Shannon Airport in Ireland, back in 1940 in very cold winter, Joe Sheridan had the idea of adding Irish Whiskey to the coffee to keep the passengers warm.
When Joe was asked if the origin of the coffee was Brazilian, he answered that it was Irish, and that was how the Irish coffee was born.
Let’s learn how to make an Irish coffee:
- 150ml Freshly brewed black coffee
- 50ml Irish whiskey
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of double cream
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Chocolate shaving
- If the cream is not whipped, then start by whipping the cream first and keep it aside in the fridge.
- Pour the hot coffee into a glass, then add the whiskey and the sugar.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved, then float the cream on the top and sprinkle the nutmeg and the chocolate shaving over the cream.
- Make sure to serve it hot, and enjoy.
What's Your Reaction?
The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator and a globetrotter. Emma enjoys Moroccan, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Caribbean food a lot. Cheese & chocolate are her biggest addictions. However, she is really considering becoming Vegan one day.