Learn How To Make Authentic And Delicious Pizza Sauce
Antonio Rossi is an experienced Chef from one of the…
The quality of your pizza sauce will make or break your eating experience. Making pizza sauce at home is easy. Here is how you can make pasta sauce easily and enjoy a great pizza.
List of Ingredients
- 1.75 lb. fresh tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Grated or finely chopped onions
- Pressed garlic
- Dried oregano
- Fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- Pinch of marjoram
- Red pepper flakes
- Wash tomatoes well and cut an x on the bottom of every tomato. Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Remove them from the water with a slotted spoon and let them cool.
- Once the tomatoes have cooled, peel off the skin.
- Put the tomatoes in a large bowl and break them down with your hands or a blender.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add oil, seasonings and the chopped onions. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Monitor the onions so that they don’t burn. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Once this is done, add the tomatoes, salt and sugar. Let the sauce reach the point of simmering, lower the heat and cook for half an hour.
- Taste the sauce and add salt or sugar as needed.
- Add fresh basil and let cook for a minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
The good thing about this recipe is that you can make a big batch and freeze it. Pizza sauce freezes well and will keep for a long time in the freezer.
A Brief History about Pizza
The history of pizza surely begins long ago with the history of the use of bread by mankind. There is evidence that in ancient Greece (cradle of flat breads), where plakuntos was already served decorated with herbs, spices, garlic and onion, at the time of Darius I the Great (521-500 BC) , Persian soldiers ate flatbread with melted cheese and dates on top.
Many authors affirm that pizza, as it is known today, comes from the city of Naples (Italy) and appears as a popular dish among Neapolitans, at some undefined moment in the 17th century. It is therefore that pizza It is born from a food made by the humble inhabitants of the city of Naples and the composition was not as varied as the current one.
Did You Know that Most Italian Olive Oil Comes from Spain?
What's Your Reaction?
Antonio Rossi is an experienced Chef from one of the world's most beautiful places, Sicily, Italy. Chef Antonio spent plenty of his childhood with his granny in the kitchen, and that's how he discovered his love and passion for food. Chef Antonio worked in some of the most awarded restaurants and hotels in London, Paris and New York. Chef Antonio is committed to sharing his easy & quick recipes with you to help you get a beautiful approach to gastronomy.