The best pancakes topping, is more pancakes…
Crêpes is a type of very thin pancakes originally from the Northwest of France, they are usually of two types: sweet or savoury. Crêpes are served with a variety of fillings, It could be with sugar only, chocolate, cheese or even prawns.
While crêpes are very popular in France, other countries are also big consumers of these yummy and easy pancakes, such as Belgium, the Netherlands, Canada, North Africa as well as some Asian countries.
Let’s learn how the make French Style Crêpes.
- 100g Plain flour
- 2 Eggs
- 300ml Of milk
- 1Tablespoon of sunflower or vegetable oil, plus a little extra for frying
- 1Pinch of salt
- Marmalade, chocolate, fruits or anything you like or you have at home for the toppings
- In a bowl you put the flour, the eggs, the milk, the oil and the salt, then you use a manual mixer to mix for few minutes until it becomes homogeneous. If you have time, you can let it rest for 20 minutes, if you don’t’ then you can start cooking as soon as you finish mixing.
- The next step from now is the cooking, and you need to make sure that you are using a very good quality frying pan.
- You heat up the pan with some oil on it, then you start cooking the crêpes one by one, don’t forget to divide the mix into equal amounts.
- You cook until it gets that golden colour.
- You can serve them with any topping you have at home or anything you like. It could be sweet or salty.
- Tell us about your favourite toppings for the crêpes.
You can use almond milk if you want to make them healthier or give them a tasty flavour, as well as adding a bit of vanilla extract.