If you are here is because you probably love Hummus. Hummus is a dip, spread, and a delicious dish that is used as a starter or as a side dish in a lot of occasions. It is made from cooked, mashed chickpeas blended with tahini (sesame seed paste), lemon juice, garlic and olive oil.
Hummus is originally from the Middle East, however, it became very popular around the globe. Nowadays, it can be easily found in most grocery stores in all countries.
Let’s learn how to make a delicious and easy Hummus so you can make it at home instead of buying it from stores, and in order to avoid consuming all the non-necessary ingredients that are added in prepared dishes.
- 200 Grams of chickpeas
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice or more
- 2 Crushed garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- Pinch salt
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 4 Tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse them. Make sure you keep few chickpeas for serving.
- In a food processor, you add all the ingredients and you blend till you get a creamy mixture.
- Serve in a bol or a deep plate, you can add more lemon juice, garlic, cumin or salt as you wish.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and scatter with the chickpeas that you previously kept.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve with pita bread, veggies, meat or in a sandwich.
If you don’t want to use the canned chickpeas, you can use dried chickpeas instead, however, you will need to keep them overnight in water and boil them the day after before preparing your Hummus.