The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator…
Some pasta dishes might be a bit difficult to make. However, there are plenty ways of preparing delicious and mouthwatering pasta dishes that you can make to surprise your guests, to fix a quick lunch in a busy week, or even just for yourself if you love pasta.
Here is an easy and quick way of making a delicious pasta.
- 150g dried spaghetti or any type of pasta you like
- 200g fresh spinach
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 125g Ricotta cheese
- 2 slices of Prosciutto
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, or until al dente.
- Drain and reserve a cupful of the cooking water.
- Cook the spinach with a splash of water in a saucepan for 1–2 minutes, or until wilted, then leave to cool.
- Squeeze all the liquid out of the spinach using your hands and roughly chop.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Once foaming, add the spinach, garlic, cooked pasta and a splash of the pasta cooking water and cook for 2–3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add more of the cooking water if needed.
- Add the ricotta and cook gently while mixing with two forks to break it up.
- Season with the nutmeg, Parmesan, Prosciutto, salt and pepper and serve.
What's Your Reaction?
The woman behind TheGastroMagazine, chief editor, food lover, polyglot, aviator and a globetrotter. Emma enjoys Moroccan, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Caribbean food a lot. Cheese & chocolate are her biggest addictions. However, she is really considering becoming Vegan one day.