Shrimp salads are a classic for serving your friends and family and enjoy at anytime of the year.
For the salad
- One lb. shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 red finely chopped onion
- One stalk finely chopped celery
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped dill
For the dressing
- 1/2 c. of mayonnaise
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. of dijon mustard
Method of Making the Salad
Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2 – Toss shrimp with oil and season using salt pepper on a big baking sheet.
Step 3 – Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until shrimp are completely opaque.
Step 4 – Whisk lemon juice, mayonnaise, zest, and dijon mustard in a large mixing bowl.
Step 5 – Season with pepper and salt.
Step 6 – Toss together the cooked shrimp, celery, red onion and dill in a mixing dish.
Step 7 – Serve over lettuce or on toast.
Serving Options for the salad
This shrimp salad can be eaten straight from the bowl or served in various ways.
- Salad: Spoon your salad into a leaf of romaine lettuce.
- Crackers: Serve your salad with buttered crackers on the side.
- Sandwich: Toss your shrimp salad with some green leaf lettuce on a toasted and buttered bun.
- Avocado: Spoon your shrimp into half of an avocado.
- Pasta: To prepare a pasta salad, add 8 ounces of cooked short pasta.
- Cucumber: Spoon the mixture onto cucumber slices for a simple party snack.