Roasted Chicken Recipe.
Chicken is a powerhouse of protein, and the best part – it can be cooked in multiple ways for different tastes. One of the healthiest ways is to roast the chicken and adorn it with a garlic flavour. This is a timeless recipe that is a gourmet delight as well as beneficial for the body.
The prime equipment needed for this recipe is in the oven for roasting. Since we are experimenting with a slow roast chicken, we must check the status of our oven beforehand. With the right temperature, the roast will lead to a crispy yet soft chicken.
- Garlic cloves (peeled)
- 4-5 Garlic Bulbs
- Chicken as per need
- Freshly grounded black pepper
- Sea salt
- 1-2 Lemons
- Olive oil
The purpose of this recipe is to have an utterly delicious classic roasted chicken. But, of course, this depends on the play of flavours of garlic and lemon and the roasting process.
- Preheat the oven (to roughly 320 degrees). It is important to have the oven ready for a good chicken roasting session.
- Pick the Garlic bulbs and remove the dark tops (hereby exposing their fragrance). Place this in the chicken cavity – this will add flavor to the roast.
- Place the chicken nicely on the baking dish.
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper (as per preference).
- Tuck the remaining ingredients around the chicken – the garlic cloves, the lemon and leftover green garlic. You have to make sure that the garlic does not turn black as that might add another flavor which we are not trying in this recipe.
- Pour olive oil over this.
- Occasionally turn the lemon and garlic, ensuring that the chicken is absorbing the flavor and fragrance.
- Let it roast for 2- 2.5 hours – it’s a slow roast. Let the flavors completely immerse in the roasted chicken.
Once the chicken is nicely roasted, take it out from the oven. You can garnish the chicken with coriander leaves and serve a salad on the side. After that, it’s up to you to serve the chicken as it is or cut it into pieces and serve. In both cases, you have a sweetly caramelised tender chicken that is rich in flavours. It is an excellent dish for dinner as it is healthy and does not include any unhealthy carbohydrates.
What's Your Reaction?
Antonio Rossi is an experienced Chef from one of the world's most beautiful places, Sicily, Italy. Chef Antonio spent plenty of his childhood with his granny in the kitchen, and that's how he discovered his love and passion for food. Chef Antonio worked in some of the most awarded restaurants and hotels in London, Paris and New York. Chef Antonio is committed to sharing his easy & quick recipes with you to help you get a beautiful approach to gastronomy.