Want a drink with seasonal ingredients? Then a Watermelon Daiquiri is the perfect choice on a hot summer day. Fresh juices and watermelon cubes blended with light rum are sure to make you happy. You can make a pitcher easily and serve it over ice.
What You Need:
- 4 cups of fresh, seedless watermelon cubes (alternative is to use frozen watermelon)
- 4 oz. or ½ cup of light rum
- 2 oz. or ¼ cup of fresh lime juice
- 2 oz. or ¼ cup of orange juice
- 1 or 2 tbs. of syrup (to enhance taste. Use as much as you need, based on how sweet the watermelon is.)
- Put cubed watermelon, lime juice, orange juice and rum in a blender. Add the syrup and blend till it is smooth.
- Serve over ice in a tall glass. Add a slice of lime for garnish.
- If you like a frozen Daiquiri, then add ice in the blender and run till it is smooth.
- Frozen daiquiris must be served immediately.
- Store the extra Daiquiri in a cooler till people are ready to drink it.