Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, is not only known for its stunning architecture and rich culture but also for its diverse and vibrant culinary scene.
Whether you’re a food enthusiast seeking Michelin-starred elegance, a street food aficionado, or someone looking for a humble local experience, Abu Dhabi has it all. Join us on a culinary journey through the city’s must-visit places to eat, from Michelin-starred restaurants to hidden gems and bustling food markets.
In This Article
- Abu Dhabi boasts a richly diverse culinary scene, spanning from Michelin-starred restaurants to local street food stalls, ensuring there’s something for every taste and budget.
- Many hotels in Abu Dhabi host world-class restaurants, offering an array of international cuisines and dining experiences that are worth exploring, often with stunning views or luxurious settings.
- Abu Dhabi’s culinary landscape reflects its cultural diversity, blending traditional Emirati flavors with international influences.
Where to Eat in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi offers a diverse range of dining options, from Michelin-starred restaurants to local food markets and street food stalls. Here’s a list of places to eat in Abu Dhabi, catering to various tastes:
Fine Dining Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
- Zuma Abu Dhabi: A contemporary Japanese izakaya-style restaurant known for its upscale dining experience and sushi.
- Coya Abu Dhabi: Offering Peruvian cuisine with a sophisticated twist, this restaurant is known for its ceviche and Pisco cocktails.
- Tamba Abu Dhabi: Serving modern Indian cuisine with a fusion of flavors and creative cocktails.
- Hakkasan Abu Dhabi: An elegant Chinese restaurant that combines Cantonese flavors with modern presentation.
- Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill: A renowned steakhouse offering exquisite cuts of meat and classic British dishes.
- Stratos – Revolving Lounge Bar & Grill: Enjoy panoramic views of the city while savoring international cuisine.
Food Markets & Street Food in Abu Dhabi
- Mina Fish Market: A seafood lover’s paradise where you can pick your fresh catch and have it prepared at nearby restaurants.
- Zayed Port Market: A bustling market where you can sample local street food and buy fresh produce.
- Al Mina Fruit and Vegetable Souk: A great place to explore local flavors, fruits, and vegetables.
- Liwa Dates Festival: If you’re in Abu Dhabi during the Liwa Dates Festival, you can taste various date varieties and date-based products.
Humble and Authentic Eateries
- Al Arish Restaurant: A casual spot to savor traditional Emirati dishes like biryani, shawarma, and kebabs.
- Al Fanar Restaurant and Café: Experience traditional Emirati cuisine in a rustic setting.
- Shawarma Alley: Abu Dhabi is known for its shawarma stalls. You can find them throughout the city, offering delicious wraps and sandwiches.
- Rouge Coffee: A local coffee shop serving Arabic coffee and pastries in a cozy atmosphere.
Must-Visit Dining Experiences
- Emirates Palace: Whether it’s afternoon tea or a luxurious buffet, the Emirates Palace offers a grand dining experience.
- Dhow Dinner Cruise: Enjoy a romantic dinner aboard a traditional Arabian dhow while cruising along the Corniche.
- Mermaid Restaurant: Nestled within the luxurious Rixos Premium Saadiyat Island resort, the Mermaid Restaurant is a culinary gem that deserves a spot on your must-visit list. With its exquisite seafood offerings and breathtaking ocean views, this restaurant promises a dining experience that combines elegance with natural beauty.
- Bentley Bistro & Bar at The Galleria Mall: Located within The Galleria Mall on Al Maryah Island, this restaurant serves classic European dishes in an upscale atmosphere.
- Café Milano at Four Seasons Hotel: An Italian restaurant known for its authentic flavors and elegant design, Café Milano offers a taste of Italy in the heart of Abu Dhabi.
Lavish Dining in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi’s culinary scene is a symphony of flavors, ranging from Michelin-starred elegance to the humble street food stalls that line its vibrant streets. The city’s diverse dining landscape offers something for every palate and preference, ensuring that every visit is a gastronomic adventure.
From the grandeur of the Emirates Palace, where you can indulge in opulent afternoon teas or lavish buffets, to the romantic charm of a Dhow Dinner Cruise along the Corniche, the city’s culinary experiences are as diverse as its culture.
Remember to explore the hidden treasures within the city’s best hotels, such as the renowned Ray’s Grill at Etihad Towers and the authentic French cuisine at Bord Eau in Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri. And, of course, the captivating Mermaid Restaurant at Rixos Premium Saadiyat Island beckons with its seafood delights and stunning ocean views.